Milkmaid's Recipe Box

FOOD, FOOD, FOOD! I'm such a FARMER at heart-- even a CALF knows that so much in life is about the FOOD! (A bit of a "bio" about me can be found way down near the bottom.)

You can find a recipe index entitled "Labels" down along the right side, starting below the picture of the farm. Then, below the "Label" list are pictures of some of my old "standbys"-- click on their picture and it should take you to the recipe.

You will see no advertising on my blog; this means there is no monetary benefit for me having "visitors" or "joiners"-- having said that, if you do wish to JOIN my blog, you can do so by scrolling w-a-y down to near the bottom of the page...

My Visitors

Locations of Site Visitors

Monday, October 5, 2015

Whole Wheat 'n Oats Banana Pancakes

Don't let the '12-ingredients' part stop 
you from making these!  
They are easy, and............ I LIKE!
A BONUS:  You'll KNOW what's in THESE!*

*I remember attending a meeting held in the auditorium of the high school in Shawano when the lecturer said something like this about the packaged/convenience food we buy:  "If your first and second grader children cannot (or could not) pronounce the words in the ingredient list, don't buy it, don't eat it!"
----------------------------------

If you like a combination of banana, peanut butter and chocolate, do this:
Above:  Use the same recipe for the pancakes, but drizzle them with a 2:1 ratio of pure maple syrup and creamy peanut butter.  Oh, ...and top 'em with a KISS! (Depending on the quantity you want, use twice as much syrup as peanut butter.)

INGREDIENTS:
  1. 1 cup old-fashioned rolled oats
  2. 1 cup whole wheat flour
  3. 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
  4. 2 tablespoons dark brown sugar (I used 'light' because that's what I had)
  5. 2 teaspoons baking powder (I use the aluminum-free kind that's now readily available)
  6. 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
  7. 1/2 teaspoon salt (Kosher is good)
  8. 1 whole egg
  9. 2 cups whole milk (I used 2%)
  10. 2 tablespoons coconut oil, plus a bit more for the griddle
  11. 3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
  12. 1 banana, coarsely mashed
You could also add chopped nuts to the batter if you wish.

DIRECTIONS:
  • Place the rolled oats into a mini food processor or blender.  (I put the oats into a pint jar and then used my regular 'big boy' blender.)  Blend until it is the texture of coarse flour.
  • In a large mixing bowl combine the ground oats, wheat flour, all-purpose flour, brown sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt.  Set aside.
  • In a large liquid measuring cup or bowl, whisk together the egg, milk, vanilla and coconut oil (because my coconut oil was cool and sort of 'solid', I measure out the amount and just barely warmed it back to 'liquid state' before adding it).
  • Mash banana coarsely and add to liquid mixture; stir in.
  • Pour the wet ingredients into the dry and stir (or whisk) just long enough to combine.  
  • Let the batter sit for a few minutes while the griddle heats up.
  • Spread a little coconut oil over a hot griddle.  Use a quarter cup to measure out pancake batter onto the preheated griddle.  
  • Flip once the bubbles begin to pop and no longer fill back in with batter.  Keep warm and repeat with the rest of the batter.
Let's have some...


Thanks for stopping by!
This recipe adapted from www.simplyscratch.com

No comments:

Post a Comment